Thursday, May 2, 2013

Using up scraps...

I've been a bit busy lately trying to get rid of my fabric stash without giving it away. Our quilting guild had a very nice block of the month called Crayon Box and this is what I used to make the blocks. Yep, you can say it... "Oh my, her crayons must have been broken"...hahaha 
It measures 48" X 72". It still has to be quilted so I will fish out some more of my fabrics for the backing and get it finished soon.  

Then I still had 4 1/2" squares left over, as I had cut way too many of them, I sort of got rotary cutter happy and just plowed through my scraps...lol...so I made a small lunch bag for when I go to the UFO's. 
I used waterproof military fabric for the inside. The sewn seams won't make it totally waterproof but it might be ok. I'm not planning on a liquid diet...never!!! The measurements are 11" high, 11" wide at the top and the bottom is 4 1/2 " X 8 ". About 7" high when the top is folded over. 
A fair size for a small lunch. 
I'm quite pleased with it. I must look to see what else I can do with the leftover squares. 

Well, that's about it for now. 

Live simply, love generously, care deeply, 
speak kindly and leave the rest to God! 



No comments:

Post a Comment