Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Sputter proof simmering...

When cooking rice, quinoa or anything that requires to be simmered while covered so that the liquid will be absorbed, this is what I do. Once the water is boiling and you add the product and stir, normally per instructions, I place a piece of paper towel between the pot and the cover and then lower the temperature for simmering. Follow the product directions for the length of time that it needs to be cooked. When it gets to that point, remove from heat and leave covered for approximately 5 minutes. Then remove cover and fluff. I have never ruined a product since doing this.
.

4 comments:

  1. How clever. I think I will pin it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I almost always ruined my long grain rice before I came up with this idea. Now, all is well in the Rice Kingdom! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. have you been here?
    http://hexagonquilt-along.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Wendy, you have found me a gold mine! Thank you very much!
    ...Were you really online at 6:59am this morning? :-)
    Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete